Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 11 Alien on the Blue Ridge


Day 11 Alien on the Blue Ridge, originally uploaded by Gail S.

Did I tell you it was sunny and cold on the road today? Here I am wearing my red sunglasses and camo neck gator (from the hunting dept at Wal Mart) looking like a creature from another planet. I was feeling so much better and having some fun.



Day 11 "On" the Road, originally uploaded by Gail S.

Thought you would want to see a photo of us ON the Blue Ridge Parkway. Get it? Eeeee...I'm really funny sometimes.



Day 11 Mabry Mill, originally uploaded by Gail S.

We stopped to stretch our legs and warm up at Mabry Mill. It was originally built in 1910, and includes an historic water-powered grist mill, sawmill and nearby blacksmith shop which provide a view of pioneer life along the parkway. Those ducks in the pond followed us around a little. What is this attraction that ducks have for us?



Day 11 Man in Leathers, originally uploaded by Gail S.

Sid (in his leather chaps and jacket) inspects the blacksmith shop.



Day 11 The Family Part 1, originally uploaded by Gail S.

My sweet family gathered to visit with us when we arrived in Roanoke. On the right is my sister, Judy. Her son, Pete, is in the center holding his 7 yr old daughter, Isabella. Dawn, Pete's wife, is on the left.



Day 11 The Family Part 2, originally uploaded by Gail S.

My niece, Stacey, is on the right holding her son, Dakota. In the center is Stacey's older son, Forrest. Stacey's hubby, Dave, is on the left.

I have really missed seeing this side of the family since they all migrated to Roanoke. Sid and I stop to visit every chance we get. I couldn't ask for a more loving, wacky family than this.

Sid and I plan to see a bit of Roanoke tomorrow. Plus, Judy and I are getting manicures. It should be a relaxing day.

No comments: