Monday, December 21, 2009

Recovering from Rotator Cuff Surgery...


Pinky sends..., originally uploaded by Gail S.

...and planning a quiet Christmas at our place on the Buffalo River. My left arm is in a sling/brace...totally immobilized. I'm getting pretty good at using only one hand on the computer...it just takes so long. I'm grateful to Dr. Arsen Manugian for performing the surgery on December 15 at the Methodist Germantown Surgery Center where the staff is so great - competent, kind, helpful! Collette, Suzette, Happy and Dr. Wilson were really fantastic.

On December 17, I arrived at Methodist North Hospital Physical Therapy Department where Karen, the Director, worked me into the packed schedule for therapy with Melanie - a gifted PT professional. They have a busy department that functions in a really small area. They are hoping for a renovation in 2010 if the budget is approved. More to come!

No comments: