Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 6 - Roanoke, Virginia


Sid Takes Judy for a Ride, originally uploaded by Gail S.

We stayed the whole day in Roanoke to have something "greased" on the bike. Sid took Judy for a thrilling ride up and down Yellow Mountain Road. There are lots of turns and curves and hills on this great road from Roanoke to the Garden City neighborhood where our family lives. Judy, a biker chick at heart, loved it. She said she was really comfortable in my seat on the back of the bike and said that I had it made back there. Our nephew, Forrest, also took a little spin with Sid.

You know, after being on the bike for thousands of miles, I guess I am taking it for granted. Hearing Judy and Forrest describe the thrill of the ride really brings it back to me. I need to enjoy it as if it was my first ride. I can hardly wait until tomorrow. Thank you, Judy and Forrest, for reminding me what it's all about!



Angelic Nephews, originally uploaded by Gail S.

Forrest and Dakota, our nephews, look so sweet. Their parents are Stacey and Dave. We also have two equally angelic nieces, Isabella and Jasmine, but I didn't get a photo of them...



Judy at the Office, originally uploaded by Gail S.

We surprised Judy at her office this afternoon. She made a point to tell her co-workers that we had regular jobs and were on a two-week vacation. She wanted to make sure they didn't think her sister was some sort of "biker bum."


Our bike looked almost as big as Judy's tiny little house! Note Judy's two "pets" on the front porch - Pinkie and Prissie, the two Florida flamingos.

2 comments:

Judy Alfonso said...

Gail...I had SO much FUN with you and Sid while you were here and HONESTLY, I did NOT WISH you to have bike "issues" so you would stay an extra day...but so glad you did. I have a whole new admiration for Sid on holding that heavy bike on the road and total jealous of you getting to ride in such comfort on the back. I have NEVER ridden on a bike so comfortably. But, yes, I am sure you do get a bit of "road rump" after a while. Again....you two were great! Come back soon.
Love you sister, Judy

Liza said...

I love the picture at the top with Sid and Judy. I can see that long legs run in the family! LOL